Jay Mankamyer is an experienced real estate adviser, who believes that knowing a client's business is essential in tailoring service to fit their specific business needs and philosophical model. Along with his extensive legal experience, Jay’s master’s degree in business administration, with an emphasis in real estate, and master’s degree in tax law help him understand deals from a business perspective and provide additional value to real estate clients.
Jay represents developers, purchasers, sellers, investors, and lenders in complex commercial real estate transactions, including health systems in real estate transactions and development; buyers and sellers in the purchase and the sale of commercial and residential property; developers in the entitlement and financing stages of projects; landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases; lenders and borrowers in loan negotiation and documentation; and owners, managers, architects, and contractors in the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts.
In addition to his practice, Jay is also an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado where he teaches a course in real estate law for graduate students in the MBA program at the Leeds School of Business.
More About Jack "Jay" Mankamyer II
- LL.M., Tax Law, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2012
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2007
- M.B.A., Real Estate Development and Finance, University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business, 2007
- B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University, 2004
- Represented an international resort company in operational and development of ski resort property, including property acquisitions, entitlements, and financing matters.
- Represented a national multifamily developer with respect to acquisitions and dispositions of apartment buildings in multistate portfolio.
- Represented a national health system in management of real estate portfolio and operational real estate matters.
- Represented a health system with respect to joint venture related to development of key system medical office building, including leasing and financing matters.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2022-2023
- Colorado Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2015-2018
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 12/3/2020
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/18/2022
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021