Joy Woller enjoys working collaboratively with her clients to accomplish an outcome that best suits their business needs and goals. Joy has represented individuals, corporations, and government entities in complex commercial litigation in both federal and state court and in inter partes opposition, cancellation, and concurrent use proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO.
Joy has experience in a wide range of substantive areas, with a focus on trade secret and trademark protection. She brings a global perspective to intellectual property disputes, having helped her clients from the initial stages of brand development, in prosecution and disputes over registration of trademarks, and through the jury trial process.
As the firm’s eDiscovery and Litigation Support partner, Joy assists the firm’s Litigation Practice Group in addressing complex electronic discovery issues and counsels clients regarding best practices related to electronically stored information. She guides an interdisciplinary team of technologists and legal professionals providing litigation support across the firm's nine offices and five states.
Prior to joining the firm, Joy served as a staff member to the Information and Technology Committee of the Colorado General Assembly, House of Representatives.
More About Joy Allen Woller
- J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law, 2004
- B.S., Colorado State University, 2000
- Colorado, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- District of Colorado eDiscovery Task Force, Member, 2012-2015
- Seventh Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program, Committee Member and National Outreach Subcommittee Member, 2011-2015
- The ediscovery Training Academy Georgetown University Law Center, 2011
- SafeHouse Denver, Director, 2011-present; Board Chair, 2015-2017; Gala Steering Committee - Sponsorship Chair, 2009
- Colorado State University Alumni Association, Rams JD Steering Committee, 2013-2016; Special Events Committee - Chair, 2009-2010; Executive Leadership Board - Denver RAM Network, 2009-2010; Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
- Successfully defended numerous individuals and businesses of various sizes in federal court against claims of trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract arising from non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Successfully prosecuted claims of unfair competition, trademark infringement, and trade secret misappropriation on behalf of family-owned business against former employees resulting in successful settlement of all claims.
- Successfully prosecuted claims of breach of contract, unfair competition, and trade secret misappropriation on behalf of business against former employees resulting in temporary restraining order and settlement of all claims.
- Provided interim general counsel services for public educational institution.
- Successfully defended private educational institution in breach of contract and tort action, obtaining summary judgment for client on all claims.
- Represented publicly traded real estate investment trust as plaintiff in more than 20 discrete breach of contract actions. All cases resulted in either summary judgment for client or favorable settlement.
- Represented religious institution against claims of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty resulting in successful settlement of all claims.
Honors & Recognitions
- Colorado Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," Business Litigation, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers, "Top Rated Lawyer," eDiscovery, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal, 40 Under 40, 2016
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/16/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/15/2016
- Honors & Recognitions, 02/12/2016
- TerraLex, 01/17/2019,
- USLAW Magazine Fall 2018, 2016-09-05,
- Thomson Reuters, 12/1/2017,
- Speaker, "Winning at Trial: 2019 Trade Secrets of Top Trial Lawyers," Demonstrative Exhibits, November 2019
- Conference Chair and Presenter, "eDiscovery: Practical Answers to Your Toughest Questions," July 2019
- Conference Co-chair, Moderator, and Presenter, ASU-Arkfeld eDiscovery and Digital Evidence Conference, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Moderator, "The New Normal – Always Changing? Developing Technologies," March 2017
- Speaker, "eDiscovery, One Size Does Not Fit All," March 2016
- Keynote Speaker, "Welcome to Tomorrow," March 2015
- Speaker, "Your Fitbit As Witness?" Colorado State University Business Day, April 2017
- Speaker, "Life after the Amendments: Have the Changes to the Federal Rules Meant Real Change in the eDiscovery?" Colorado Association of Litigation Support Professionals, October 2016
- Speaker, "The Challenges of the eWorkplace," Colorado Bar Association, June 2016
- Speaker, "eDiscovery, New Federal Rules on the Horizon, and other Emerging Trends," RockyMountain IP Institute, May 2015
- Speaker, "Compliance What Courts Expect In a Digital Age," ACC Fall Frenzy, September 2013
- Speaker, "eDiscovery Hot Topics, Technology, and Document Review – The New World of Predictive Coding," July 2013
- Speaker, "New Technology – New Risks!" World Trade Day 2013, May 2013
- Speaker, "eDiscovery," Labor and Employment Seminar, April 2013
- Speaker, "Anxiety and Anguish or Opportunity? The State of eDiscovery in 2012," September 2012
- Speaker, "Announcing the Upcoming United States District Court's eDiscovery Survey," September 2012
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Insight |  01/17/2019