Bill Johnson pioneered the "one bank holding company" concept, which has been used by banks throughout the United States. He has represented approximately 1,000 banks or bank holding companies in approximately 47 states.
Bill provides representation and advice to banking clients on formation, operation, and financing of financial institutions, acquisitions, mergers, and sale transactions, as well as internal changes of ownership. He also provides extensive litigation advice to financial institution clients.
More About William P. Johnson
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 1958
- B.A., Coe College, 1953
- Colorado, 1958
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Bank Holding Company and Bank Ownership Seminars, Member of Faculty, 1976-present, Independent Community Bankers Association of America (formerly IBAA)
- The Denver Foundation, Past Trustee and Chairman of the Investment Committee
- Colorado University Law School Alumni Board, Past Member and Chair
- Board of Trustees of Coe College, Member
- Board of Directors of FirstBank Holding Company of Colorado, Chair
- Denver and Colorado Bar Associations, Member
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2014-2017, 2020-2021
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Banking, 2018
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
Bill has lectured for the Independent Community Bankers Association of America (formerly IBAA) since 1976, and for the American Bankers Association since 1979.
You May Also Like
- Press Release |  08/20/2020