Clients appreciate Steve’s ability to create a low-stress, seamless decision-making environment.
Steve Bressler is a partner in Lewis Roca’s Litigation Practice Group. Steve concentrates in insurance coverage litigation and products liability litigation. He represents life, health, and disability carriers statewide and regionally in a wide range of matters, such as contract interpretation, bad faith, punitive damages, rescission, and regulatory controversies. He also represents pharmaceutical companies and device manufacturers.
Steve is a past chair of the American Bar Association’s Tort and Insurance Practice Section’s Health and Disability Insurance Law Committee and a member of the Defense Research Institute’s Life, Health, Disability, and ERISA committee.
Steve was part of a small core group at the firm that served as national counsel for E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co for over a decade in over 1600 Teflon® products liability cases. For his work, he received the Gold Eagle Award from DuPont. The award is the highest honor given by DuPont and was only the second time in the company’s history that the award had been presented to outside counsel.
Clients rely on Steve’s experience and appreciate his willingness to learn the details of their operations to enable the best defense narrative possible. As a seasoned lawyer and conflict manager, Steve combines problem solving skills with pragmatism to achieve the client's desired goals. His clients are sophisticated and knowledgeable of subject matter, so Steve acts as an advisor, providing recommendations for handling issues and executing them in court.
During his free time, Steve enjoys taking non-law-related educational classes and experiencing the Arizona outdoors. On the weekends, he hikes the many wonderful trails within and around the Phoenix area with a group of friends. He has twice completed the City of Phoenix’s seven summit challenge, where seven summits are hiked in one day. And more recently, he has hiked the Grand Canyon down and up in a day.
More About Stephen M. Bressler
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Duke University
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Maricopa Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) Drug and Medical Device Committee and Life Health and Disability Committee, past Arizona representative to Technology Committee
- American Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Chair of Health and Disability Insurance Law Committee
- Arizona Association of Health Care Lawyers
- Products Liability Committee, past Co-chair
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, past Board Member
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in Phoenix, Insurance Law, Mass Tort Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation, 2016-2022
- Chambers USA, Insurance, 2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition, Insurance Coverage, 2010-2015, 2018-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- AZ Business Magazine, Top Lawyers, Product Liability Law
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 05/20/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers® and Southwest Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 04/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2018 Southwest Super Lawyers® and Southwest Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 04/23/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Press Release, 04/11/2017
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Press Release, 03/22/2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  05/20/2021