Lindsay McKae is a partner in the Denver office and represents commercial banks and other financial institutions in a wide range of financing transactions and real estate developers and owners in real property acquisitions and dispositions.
Lindsay handles all types of short-term and permanent financings, construction loans, asset-based and other collateralized financings, including revolving lines and term loan facilities as well as syndications and participations. Lindsay has experience with financings in a wide-range of industries including hotels, multifamily, condominiums, residential time shares, industrial, office, and mixed-use projects and has extensive experience representing lenders in affordable housing projects with LIHTC (both conventional and tax-exempt). Additionally, Lindsay has assisted both lenders and borrowers in conduit and direct tax-exempt financings both through public issuance and private direct placements for schools, municipalities, and non-profits.
Lindsay also counsels clients on loan defaults and pre-bankruptcy planning, workouts, modifications, foreclosures, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure, advises lender clients on debt sales transactions. Lindsay also advises on sales and purchases of real property.
Lindsay is committed to affordable housing in Denver and serves on the Boards of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver and the Colorado Community Land Trust. She is currently providing pro bono legal services to a juvenile immigrant seeking adjustment of status.
Lindsay spent the years in the Great Recession of 2007-2009 focused on workout transactions, foreclosures, deeds in lieu and other pre- and post- default advising and has great insight into the whole lending cycle. Clients appreciate her unparalleled level of banking expertise which has helped institutional banks, community banks, and independent banks. Her attention to detail and considered approach helps her develop solutions to defuse complex matters in a smart, thoughtful, and practical manner. Lindsay’s long term clients continue to value her collaborative approach, leveled assessment of risks, and her ability to craft actionable plans.
Lindsay was born and raised in Colorado and enjoys spending her free time outdoors hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter, when she isn’t attending her kids youth sports games. She is also passionate about helping her community. As a young girl, Lindsay was inspired to pursue higher education by both of her grandmothers, who through the rough times of the Great Depression and World War II, each attained master's degrees in their respective fields and followed thereafter with successful careers.
More About Lindsay L. McKae
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Order of St. Ives, Top 10%, 2007
- B.A., University of Colorado, Boulder, 2000
- Colorado, 2007
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Denver, Class of 2015
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Impact Denver Leadership, Class of 2012
- Low Income Tax Assistance Program, Volunteer, 2006-2007
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Represented lender in multiple four percent and nine percent LIHTC construction and permanent loan transactions, including facilities with VASH and homeless units.
- Represented commercial bank in multiple loans for multiphase construction financing of construction of timeshare project in ski town.
- Represented commercial bank in syndicated loan for construction of dual-branded hotel in downtown Denver.
- Represented commercial bank for loan to developer for hotel renovation in ski town.
- Represented commercial bank in line of credit to tax credit investor secured by tax credit revenues.
- Represented commercial bank in a conduit financing tax-exempt bond transaction for a not-for-profit entity.
- Represented commercial bank in tax-exempt financing directly to downtown development authority in Colorado.
- Represented commercial bank in tax-exempt financing to general improvement district in Denver.
- Represented multiple charter schools in direct placement and public bond financings for construction and renovations of that additional facilities for their campus.
- Represented nonprofit organization in bond financing secured by its multiple facilities.
- Represented borrower in financings of receivables and sales of receivables.
- Represented borrower in sale leaseback transactions.
Honors & Recognitions
- Colorado Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," Real Estate, Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2018
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/16/2017
- September 1st Marks New Era for Developers and Lenders in the Colorado Residential Condominium MarketLewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, 2017-07-27,
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Client Alert |  03/26/2020Colorado Governor Polis Issues Order to Prevent or Delay Real Estate Evictions and Foreclosures Relating to the Pandemic