Linda Mitchell is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. Linda’s practice has a focus on real estate transactions and debt and equity financing transactions. She represents clients in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing as well as development and construction projects. Linda has extensive experience in advising clients with respect to the development, ownership and operation of multifamily, industrial, and commercial properties on a national basis.
Prior to joining the firm, Linda was vice president and general counsel of America West Airlines (now American Airlines). She was responsible for the management and oversight of the airline’s legal affairs, risk management and compliance programs, corporate real estate and airport facilities. As a member of the senior management team at America West, she played a key role in the restructuring of the company’s debt obligations, aircraft financing and capital structure after September 11, 2001, in connection with America West’s government guaranteed loan.
Linda is a natural problem solver, her clients rely on her legal acumen and practice experience to achieve results. She specializes in transactions and is a trusted advisor for her clients when mitigating risk. Linda believes there is no exclusive avenue to problem-solving and her track record and analytical skills reflect that. Linda has demonstrated her commitment and drive to win for her clients by solving multiple complex matters and assisting during challenging economic times.
Before pursuing her career in law, Linda proudly served in the U.S. military. During her free time, she practices yoga and spends time in Napa and Sonoma to indulge in her passion for wine.
More About Linda M. Mitchell
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987
- M.B.A., Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, 1984
- B.A., St. Lawrence University, 1980
- Arizona, 1991
- Homeward Bound, Board of Directors
- Co-founder of a nonprofit charitable organization which raised funds for women and children's programs in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Women, Member and Past President
- Represented institutional national client in acquiring and disposing of developed and underdeveloped multifamily residential, commercial, and retail real estate.
- Represented institutional investment client in structuring real estate joint venture transactions and related equity investments.
- Represented national conduit lender in making mortgage loans secured by commercial retail, industrial, multifamily residential, and hotel properties.
- Represented institutional investor in negotiating sale leaseback financing for office and retail properties.
- Represented national REIT in the acquisition, disposition, and financing of single tenant properties.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in real estate finance transactions and workout/restructure of real estate and commercial loans.
- Represented one of the largest community college districts in the country in the acquisition, disposition, and leasing of real estate and facilities.
- Represented national restaurant company in negotiation of commercial leases, sale leaseback financings, and related development issues.
- Represented national health care provider in negotiation of commercial leases and sale leaseback financings.
- Represented large single family homebuilder in connection with land acquisition and development matters.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Real Estate Law, 2009-2021
- AZ Business Magazine, Top Lawyers, Construction, Real Estate Law, 2010
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Lewis Roca Blog, 04/30/2020,
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  08/20/2020