Kevin inspires excellence. He helps craft paths through road blocks and works in the best interest of his clients.
As a partner in Lewis Roca's Corporate and Finance practice groups, Kevin Kelly has gained extensive experience in a wide array of corporate, securities, and mergers and acquisitions matters in numerous industries. Kevin assists clients with various transactional and operational matters, including mergers, acquisitions and other reorganizations; stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions; corporate and securities law; corporate governance and strategy; equity financing; venture capital; banking and financial services industry matters; and the protection and licensing of intellectual property. As a certified public accountant and former auditor with a "big four" accounting firm, he brings his financial and legal experience together to serve as both legal counsel and business advisor for clients.
Kevin strategically advocates for his clients. With more than 25 years of experience in his practice, he has earned the respect of his colleagues and the confidence of his clients based on his efficient and creative problem-solving skills, which he uses to navigate complex deals. His direct and candid communication style provides true value and clients benefit from his transparent and tactful approach. Clients favor Kevin’s professionalism, insightful personality, and extraordinary business sense.
Kevin grew up in the Midwest, living in Indiana and Ohio in his youth. He now resides in Colorado, where he enjoys the great outdoors with his family and dogs and spends his free time fishing, hiking, skiing, and enjoying the Colorado lifestyle.
More About Kevin M. Kelly
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, Order of the Coif, 1996
- B.S., Indiana University, 1991
- Colorado, 1996
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Certified Public Accountant, 1992
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Denver Colorado and American Bar Associations, Member
- Entity selection and formation.
- General corporate advice and counsel, including shareholder, director, and officer issues.
- Technology licensing and joint ventures with particular emphasis on software, biotechnology, and internet applications.
- Structuring and negotiating real estate development joint ventures and affiliated business arrangements.
- Drafting of all types of corporate contracts and agreements, including employee incentive plans, service agreements, and employment agreements.
- Representation of both borrowers and lenders in numerous secured and unsecured financing arrangements ranging in value from $100,000 to $1 billion.
Corporate Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of individuals and companies, large and small, public and private, as both buyers and sellers.
- Representation in all types of mergers, acquisitions, and disposition transactions, including statutory mergers, asset purchases, technology and intellectual property transfers, purchases of divisions of public companies, friendly public tender offers, hostile public tender offers, and pooling of interests acquisitions ranging in value from $1 million to $1 billion.
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships and equity financings in numerous industries, including construction and engineering, software, technology, internet, health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, banking and financial services, manufacturing, retail and distribution, oil and gas, aerospace, education, gaming, telecommunications, and real estate.
- Public and private offerings of equity, debt, and derivative securities ranging in value from $1 million to $200 million.
- Representation of both issuers and underwriters in public offerings, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, and registered shareholder offerings in numerous industries.
- Private and public offerings in connection with mergers and acquisitions and public tender offers.
- General representation of clients regarding all types of Securities and Exchange Commission compliance issues, including the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Representation of bank holding companies in public and private trust preferred securities, public and private equity offerings, and secured and unsecured debt.
- Representation of banks and bank holding companies in all types of mergers, acquisitions, and disposition transactions, including publicly-held companies.
- Representation of banks and bank holding companies in S-corporation formations, squeeze-out transactions, and shareholder redemptions.
- General representation of financial institutions related to all types of Securities and Exchange Commission and other compliance issues.
- Representation of international companies on five continents in the sale and purchase of securities, mergers and acquisitions, technology transfers, and multinational joint ventures.
- Representation of international and U.S.-based companies in connection with cross-border service agreements, financing arrangements, and import/export arrangements.
- Redomestications of international publicly traded companies to the United States.
- Public and private securities offerings for international issuers and shareholders.
- General representation of international public companies related to all types of Securities and Exchange Commission compliance issues.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C., Banking, Finance Law, 2014-2022
- 5280 [The Denver Magazine], "Top Lawyers" List, 2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/15/2016
- Honors & Recognitions |  08/19/2021
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021