Jason Furedy is a member of the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. Jason concentrates his practice on business, corporate, and tax law, including tax-exempt charitable organizations and state and local taxation. He advises clients regarding the tax, legal, and business consequences of proposed transactions and structures and documents corporate acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, and other business transactions.
More About Jason C. Furedy
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- B.S., University of Arizona, 1993
- Arizona, 2001
- United Blood Services Community Leadership Council, Member
- Represented large institutional investor numerous equity joint venture transactions involving the acquisition, development, operation, and financing of multifamily residential complexes, mixed-use centers, office buildings, and industrial facilities.
- Represented publicly traded restaurant company in structuring regional partnerships with key employees.
- Represented Translational Genomics Research Institute with respect to intermediate sanctions compliance and establishing regulatory safe harbor in connection with its investment in, and licensing of, technology to an early stage diagnostic company.
- Represented Translational Genomics Research Institute in structuring and establishing a tax-exempt foundation to conduct fundraising efforts.
- Represented nonprofit community health center in structuring and establishing a tax-exempt foundation to conduct fundraising efforts.
- Represents clients in the formation and structuring of nonprofits, including assistance in obtaining IRS recognition of their tax-exempt status.
- Advised various tax-exempt entities regarding compliance with tax laws, regulations, and IRS reporting requirements in connection with proposed transactions and activities, including with respect to unrelated business income tax, lobbying activities, the establishment of for-profit and nonprofit subsidiaries, and joint venturing with both for-profit and nonprofit entities.
- Represented clients in disputes with the Arizona Department of Revenue concerning income taxes and transaction privilege taxes (sales tax) and clients in disputes with municipal tax authorities concerning transaction privilege taxes.
- Represented the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee on corporate and tax-exempt matters in connection with the 2008 Super Bowl.
- Represents the Arizona Centennial 2012 Foundation on corporate and tax-exempt matters.
- Represents the Phoenix Art Museum on corporate and tax-exempt matters.
- Represents the Arizona Alzheimer’s Research Consortium on corporate and tax-exempt matters.
Honors & Recognitions
- Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Executive Editor
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Webinar |  11/21/2019