Jessica Fuller is a partner and chair of the firm's Class Actions Practice Group. Jessica represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of complex commercial litigation, including contractual disputes, class actions, insurance coverage and bad faith actions, oil and gas disputes, trade secret cases, real estate litigation, employment matters, securities, and other complex matters. She has substantial trial experience in state and federal courts. Jessica also has considerable experience litigating derivative suits, including serving on special litigation committees.
Jessica maintains a vibrant appellate practice and has authored over a dozen successful appellate briefs to the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court, Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jessica is also experienced in alternative dispute resolution, including representing her clients in arbitrations, and negotiating creative and favorable settlements.
More About Jessica L. Fuller
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Order of St. Ives, 2005
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, 2002
- Colorado, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- USLAW Network, Board of Directors
- American Colorado Denver and Colorado Women's Bar Associations, Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Healthcare Committee
- Represents various corporate clients in complex commercial disputes regarding breach of contract actions, oil and gas leases, insurance coverage and bad faith actions, and aggressively defends insurance companies and rental car companies in class actions.
- Second-chair lawyer in four-day jury trial before Colorado district court establishing negligence of title insurance company in failing to disclose known easement through commercial property and obtaining $1.5 million verdict.
- Second-chair lawyer in two-day trial to Colorado district court defending breach of commercial lease claim, where alleged damages exceeded $150,000, and prosecuting counterclaims for conversion and breach of covenant of quiet enjoyment.
- Second-chair lawyer in eight-day jury trial before the Honorable Judge Matsch of the U.S. District Court of Colorado defending contractual claims and asserting counterclaims for breach of distributor agreement and tortious interference with contract and business advantage for alleged lost profits of $14.1 million.
- Second-chair lawyer in five-day arbitration before FINRA panel of arbitrators seeking damages for breach of employment contract and tortious interference with contract resulting in $335,000 award for client.
- First-chair lawyer in trial to U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Colorado defending claims of non-dischargeability and fraud and, after first day of trial, settled case for fraction of $300,000 in alleged damages.
- Lead lawyer at hearing before U.S. District Court of Colorado and obtained default judgment in excess of $400,000 for client.
- Successfully vacated default judgment in excess of $300,000 on behalf of employer in employment discrimination case in Colorado state court.
- Authored successful briefs to U.S. District Court of Colorado regarding survivability of claims pursuant to Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-20-101 that led to dismissal of approximately $37 million in potential liability for corporate client.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2021
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2016-2020
- Benchmark Litigation, 2016 "Rising Stars Under 40," 2017, 2018 "Top Litigator Under 40" and 2016-2020 "40 & Under Hot List"
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/4/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/13/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Colorado Super Lawyers® and Colorado Rising Stars®03/18/2019
- Benchmark Litigation Announces Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Attorneys Named to 40 & Under Hot List 201807/3/2018
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Announces New Leaders of Litigation and Intellectual Property Practice Groups05/31/2018
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Press Release, 03/16/2017
- Lewis Roca Blog, 03/13/2020
- Speaker, "Piloting Change: A Brief Overview of the Colorado Civil Access Pilot Project Rules," Colorado Women’s Bar Association, December 1, 2011
You May Also Like
- Press Release |  08/20/2020
- Press Release |  08/4/2020
- Insight |  03/17/2020