Clients see Joel as their trusted advisor. He proactively mitigates risk, gets results, and helps his clients achieve their business objectives.
Joel Fry's practice focuses on aviation law, equipment leasing, real estate, finance, and corporate law. Joel advises clients in complex commercial transactions, including asset acquisition, financing, and leasing transactions. Joel focuses on creatively and proactively solving problems and helping clients achieve their goals and close their deals.
Joel has represented aircraft owners, lessors, financiers, and airlines, in a wide variety of transactions involving aircraft. His experiences include:
- Advising clients in connection with acquisitions and sales, secured financings, and cross-border transactions involving new and used commercial aircraft and engines
- Representing lessors and lessees in domestic and international leasing transactions, including operating leases, finance leases, and leveraged leases involving commercial aircraft (passenger and cargo), private aircraft, and engines
- Drafting and negotiating various aviation-related contracts, including contracts for the teardown, maintenance, and refurbishment of aircraft and engines, consignment agreements, ownership trust documents, and management and remarketing service agreements
- Representing suppliers of aircraft and engine parts and providing legal advice with respect to all aspects of their business and operations
Joel also has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial real estate transactions, including real estate acquisitions and sales, development, entity formation and structuring, title work and due diligence, and commercial leasing.
Joel makes it a priority to understand the nuances of his client’s business and industry. This knowledge means his clients can count on him to serve as a trusted advisor on all aspects of their business.
Joel lived in Prague for a year after college teaching English and coaching basketball. While he still enjoys traveling, these days he is more likely to be found coaching his son’s basketball team, listening to live music, or enjoying the great outdoors of Colorado.
More About Joel C. Fry
- J.D., with honors, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 1997
- B.A., Miami University, 1993
- Colorado, 2001
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT), Member
- American Bar Association Aircraft Finance Subcommittee