Don Martin is a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group. He practices in the areas of corporate and business law, real estate, and commercial transactions.
Don's practice includes real estate and transactional deal experience, and he represents local, regional, national, and international clients in the areas of corporate and real estate development. He works in all areas of real estate (residential and commercial) and corporate transactions, including acquisition, financing, note purchases, foreclosures, short sales, development, operation and disposition of commercial projects, retail, resort hotels, and strategic land sites.
*Certified to Practice in Colorado Pending Admission
More About Donald G. Martin
- LL.M., University of San Diego School of Law, 1998
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Diego School of Law, 1998
- M.B.A., San Diego State University, 1995
- B.A., San Diego State University, 1992
- Nevada, 1998
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- UNLV Men’s Ice Hockey Team Foundation, Board Member
- Southern Nevada Cops Helping Kids Foundation, Former Board of Advisors
- Boys and Girls Club of Las Vegas, Special Events Committee Member, Former Committee Chair
- Crime Stoppers of Nevada, Trustee, Former Chair
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
Represented the seller of 35 acres of real property located on the Las Vegas Strip, with a value in excess of $300 million, to Wynn Corporation. This was the second largest sale transaction entered into in 2017 in Nevada.
Represented a major casino and condominium management and resort development company in negotiating a series of management and other agreements with the owner of a $3.5 billion resort in the Bahamas, which contains boutique and luxury star branded hotel and residential components.
- Represented Zuffa in securing take-out financing relative to the equity sale of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) organization to Abu Dhabi government - reported as the largest transaction in sports history at $4 billion.
- Represented a major casino company in restructuring $350 million in debt instruments.
- Represented a major Las Vegas casino on the refinance of over $650 million in debt obligations.
- Represented a major Las Vegas gaming company on the refinance of over $200 million in debt obligations.
- Represented a borrower in the restructuring of $22 million of debt on a retail center located on the Las Vegas strip.
- Represented a developer of a luxury multiphase Las Vegas residential mixed-use condominium community.
- Represented a developer of a 29 acre mixed-use community, which includes high rise time share/hotel, condominiums, and retail components.
- Represented a developer for the purchase of approximately 3,500 acres of real property purchased from the United States Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management.
- Represented an automobile dealer for multiple purchase and sales of multiple automobile dealerships.
- Represented property owners to save over $750,000 in property tax payments.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate, 2017-2021
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished™ Rating, 2017
- Nevada Business Magazine, "Southern Nevada Best," 2012 "Top 150," Legal Elite, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Vegas Legal Magazine, Award for Legal Excellence in Real Estate and Transactional Law, 2017
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2019
- Press Release, 08/15/2018
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Press Release, 06/7/2017
- Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate TransactionsCommunique, 2016-05-01,
- Navigating Closing Contingencies in Commercial Real Estate TransactionsNevada Lawyer Magazine, 2016-02-01,
- Co-presenter, "LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses," National Business Institute, December 2013
- Presenter, "S Corporations in Detail," National Business Institute's Live Seminar, December 2011
- Presenter, "LLC vs. Corporation: What are the Principal Non-Tax Differences?" National Business Institute's Live Seminar, December 2011
- Presenter, "Ethical Considerations in Foreclosure," National Business Institute's Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure, October 2011
- Presenter, "Foreclosure Avoidance Options," National Business Institute's Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure, October 2011
- Presenter, "Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act," State Capital Group Annual Meeting, 2010
- Presenter, "Association of Corporate Counsel," Value Challenge, 2010
- Presenter, "FTC’s Red Flag Rules," In Business Television Interview, 2009
- Presenter, "LLCs in Nevada," March 2007
- Presenter, "Is an LLC Right For You?" September 2006
- Presenter, "Fundamentals of Real Estate Law," October 2006
- Presenter, "Complex Real Estate Transactions in Nevada," November 2005, and October 2004
- Presenter, "Tax Traps for the Non-tax Practitioner," March 2000
- Webinar |  06/29/2021
- Honors & Recognitions |  04/8/2021
- Press Release |  08/20/2020