Caitlin follows the evidence. She is unstoppable and shows true commitment and drive for securing the best results for her clients.
Caitlin McHugh's diverse practice focuses on complex civil and commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels. She also provides sound advice on contract disputes, business torts, and secondary liability for the actions of employees or agents. Caitlin is well-versed in eDiscovery trends and data management issues, helping guide clients to the most cost-effective resolutions. Central to Caitlin’s practice is working to find creative solutions to best advance her clients' immediate and long-term goals.
Caitlin is skilled in evaluating both the complex legal issues at stake and the potential remedies and damages involved in disputes. She has displayed the savvy and legal technical skills to provide effective and efficient handling of complex litigation. While many lawyers shy away from cases involving complicated accounting issues or detailed damages models, this is where Caitlin shines. She enjoys working with experts but also spends time independently analyzing and understanding these issues. Caitlin has a unique ability to explain difficult ideas in practical terms. This skill serves her well when interacting with clients, opposing counsel, and the court.
Caitlin is committed to pro bono work to help individuals and improve the legal profession. She has represented individuals in a wide variety of matters, including employment, immigration, and family law, and enjoys volunteering with various legal services organizations in her community.
With a background in events management and human resources, Caitlin is able to craft creative approaches to secure the best possible result for her clients. Her approach is always practical, her advice actionable. Clients enjoy working with Caitlin and admire her ability to follow the evidence, focus on the end goal, and achieve excellent results.
When Caitlin is not in the office, she enjoys spending her time on the tennis court, playing golf, or spending time with family and friends.
More About Caitlin McHugh
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, Order of the Coif, 2012
- B.A., with distinction, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2008
- Colorado, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Child Advocates Denver CASA, (President 2019-present) of the Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Colorado Law Alumni Board, Member
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Young Lawyers Division Board, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2012-present
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
- Presidents Leadership Class Alumni Club Board, (President 2018-19), 2014-present
Caitlin has played a key role in the following matters:
- Represented a group of founders of an LLC who were not properly compensated for their interests upon leaving the firm. After a nine-day arbitration hearing, and personally handling the direct examination of three witnesses, obtained an award in excess of $13 million.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict after four-day trial related to allegations of professional malpractice.
- Secured complete dismissal of lawsuit brought against a law firm and individual attorneys alleging contract, tort, and civil RICO claims in federal court.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2018-2022
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment Star, 2021
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2020-2021
- University of Colorado Law Review, Articles Editor
- Presidents Leadership Class Scholar
- Don Sears Award
- Honorable R. Brooke Jackson, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/4/2022
- Firm News, 03/1/2022
- Firm News, 02/14/2022
- Honors & Recognitions, 09/22/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 08/19/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 07/27/2021
- Press Release, 03/9/2021
- Honors & Recognitions, 10/14/2020
- Press Release, 08/4/2020
- Honors & Recognitions, 03/13/2020
- Press Release, 01/13/2020
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Lawyers Recognized as 2019 Colorado Super Lawyers® and Colorado Rising Stars®Honors & Recognitions, 03/18/2019
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Co-Presenter, "Best Practices in Pro Se Party Litigation," Faculty of Federal Advocates, February 2020
- Honors & Recognitions |  03/4/2022
- Firm News |  03/1/2022
- Firm News |  02/14/2022