Trevor’s understanding of the relationship between the law and business allows him to help his clients skillfully navigate the most complex situations.
Trevor Bartel is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on banking, real estate, and business disputes. Trevor represents a broad array of financial institutions, property managers, REITs, and other business clients to provide cost-effective solutions for complex legal issues.
Trevor has extensive experience representing financial institutions in all aspects of litigation, including lender liability actions, collection proceedings and foreclosures, and disputes involving secured collateral. In addition, Trevor provides financial institutions with advice concerning fraudulent transactions, regulatory compliance, and day-to-day risk management. He has obtained significant results for his banking clients, including the entry of summary judgment on all claims in a recent $2.2 million lender liability litigation, the entry of a six-figure judgment in the bank’s favor in a breach of contract dispute, and the removal of several hundred thousand dollars of invalid mechanic’s liens from the bank’s collateral.
In his real estate practice, Trevor regularly advises property owners, property managers, and national REITs regarding all types of real estate litigation, including purchase and ownership disputes, access and easement issues, and evictions. As part of his practice, Trevor has provided substantial results for his clients, including obtaining a temporary restraining order and ultimately summary judgment confirming the client’s easement and ingress rights, litigating a multimillion-dollar fraud case to a very favorable settlement agreement, and obtaining possession of property owners’ real property on cost-effective terms.
Trevor litigates a myriad of business disputes, including breach of contract disputes, fraud claims, and other business litigation. He provides clients with aggressive and sensible legal representation that analyzes both the risk and costs associated with the litigation process. Utilizing this approach, Trevor has obtained favorable results for his business clients, including successfully arguing before the multidistrict panel at the Colorado Supreme Court regarding the consolidation of several district court cases, obtaining judgment in a client’s favor after a three-day bench trial, and resolving numerous cases short of trial resulting in significant legal savings and costs for the client.
Trevor loves a good challenge. His clients rely on his collaborative personality to help them navigate their most challenging situations. With the ability to calmly and quickly analyze a situation and develop a number of solutions, Trevor is an asset in high-stress situations.
Trevor and his family spend their weekends skiing, hiking, playing soccer, and enjoying all Colorado has to offer.
More About Trevor G. Bartel
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2008
- B.A., University of Colorado, 2003
- Colorado, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- SafeHouse Denver, Board of Directors, 2018-Present; Fund Development Committee, 2018-present
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Young Lawyers Division Volunteer, 2016-Present
- Downtown Denver Partnership, Hospitality Committee, 2016-Present
- Downtown Denver Partnership Leadership Program, 2012
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Chamber 101 Program, Chamber 101, 2010-2011
- Lead counsel in fraudulent inducement case involving multimillion-dollar commercial property settled on favorable terms for client.
- Lead counsel in unlawful encroachment litigation resulting in significant settlement funds for property owner.
- Lead counsel in litigation relating to the sale of oil and gas business resulting in recovery of all disputed property and business rights.
- Part of trial team that successfully rewrote covenants of home owners association and obtained multimillion-dollar lawyers fee award for client.
- Trial team member in successful three-day bench trial for breach of contract claim.
- Successfully argued against multidistrict consolidation of several pending cases before multidistrict panel at Colorado Supreme Court, which resulted in substantial cost savings for lending client.
- Part of trial team that successfully removed several hundred thousand dollars of invalid mechanic’s liens from bank’s collateral.
- Obtained summary judgment and award of costs in client’s favor in $2.2 million lender liability case.
- Obtained temporary restraining order and summary judgment in client’s favor confirming easements and right of ingress and egress.
- Obtained settlement sufficient to cover all construction costs in construction defect case for unsafe plumbing and HVAC units.
- Successfully obtained judgment and collected significant assets on numerous breach of contract, promissory note, and guaranty claims for lending clients.
- Successfully defended numerous lending clients in mechanics' lien and home owner association lien cases.
- Obtained multiple orders authorizing foreclosure sales in disputed foreclosure hearings.
- Lead counsel in numerous eviction matters restoring real property to lending and property management clients.
- Lead counsel in numerous post-judgment collection proceedings obtaining significant assets for clients from judgment debtors through writs, garnishments, repletion, and other collection strategies.
Honors & Recognitions
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-2018
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Award, 2016
- University of Colorado Law Review, 2007-2008
- Press Release, 03/29/2018
- Press Release, 04/4/2017
- Press Release, 03/16/2017
You May Also Like
- Blog |  03/26/2020Colorado Governor Polis Issues Order To Prevent or Delay Real Estate Evictions and Foreclosures Relating To The Pandemic
- Client Alert |  03/26/2020Colorado Governor Polis Issues Order to Prevent or Delay Real Estate Evictions and Foreclosures Relating to the Pandemic
- Press Release |  03/29/2018