Andy has a natural ability to build strong, long-term relationships and bring complex real estate deals to successful conclusions.
"A transactional real estate lawyer with a great deal of experience servicing acquisition, sale and buyout mandates. He often acts on deals pertaining to office, industrial and multifamily properties." - Chambers USA
Andrew Schorr is a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions and Real Estate practice groups. Andy is also a former member of the firm's Executive Committee. He concentrates his practice primarily in the real estate and general business areas.
Andy leads a team of lawyers that represents one of the firm’s largest clients (a company in the Fortune 500 top 50) in its nationwide investment and corporate real estate transactions. These transactions include, among many others, the acquisition and development of significant and varied investment properties, the sale and leaseback of a portfolio of 18 of the company’s operation centers located in 16 states, and the acquisition, development, and ultimate sale and leaseback of regional headquarters in three major U.S. cities. These business centers employ many thousands, include ancillary retail and commercial uses, and are among the largest office transactions in each city’s history.
In addition, Andy represents sellers and buyers, lenders and borrowers, landlords and tenants, and others in a wide variety of real estate and business transactions. Andy also regularly represents homebuilders, investors and developers in the purchase, sale, development, leasing, and financing of office, industrial, and multifamily properties and residential subdivisions. He also advises clients on debt restructuring and loan workout transactions.
Andy works diligently to help anticipate, address, and resolve issues his clients face in the day-to-day realities of today's business climate. He gets deals done by maintaining a keen focus on both his clients and the other parties' objectives, helping find common ground while carefully managing the details of even the most sophisticated transactions. Andy’s pragmatic approach provides security to clients when a lot is on the line; his effortless communication style makes even the most complex situations comprehensible. As a natural-born problem solver, Andy takes every opportunity to tackle and address roadblocks that may interrupt his client's objectives. His clients appreciate his responsiveness, determination, and dedication.
In his free time, Andy enjoys swimming, both in open water and as a member of a masters swim team. He is also an inveterate snow skier.
More About Andrew D. Schorr
- J.D., with highest distinction, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Order of the Coif, 1984
- B.A., with high distinction, University of Arizona, 1981
- Arizona, 1984
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, Former Board Member
- Pima County Real Estate Research Council, Former Board Member
- Arizona Public Media, Community Advisory Board Member (NPR/PBS public broadcasting arm of the University of Arizona)
- Visit Tucson, (Metro Tucson's DMO), Former Board and Executive Committee Member
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2003-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law, 2011, 2020
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, 2010-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell, "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- DeConcini Award for Highest Academic Achievement, University of Arizona College of Law, 1984
- Arizona Law Review, Member, 1982
- Press Release, 08/20/2020
- Press Release, 04/24/2020
- Press Release, 08/15/2017
- Press Release, 2017-05-31
You May Also Like
- Press Release |  08/20/2020
- Press Release |  04/24/2020