General Tribal Experience
- Lobbied federal, state and local governments on behalf of Tribal interests including land use issues, government regulation, and construction of infrastructure supporting gaming activities.
- Represented Tribal clients in multi-Tribe coalitions and organizations.
- Drafted and negotiated management and development agreements between Tribes and private entities to provide management and development services and capital financing.
- Assisted Tribal governments in selecting and obtaining sites for Tribal gaming facilities and assisted Tribes in obtaining Indian lands determinations for gaming purposes.
- Assisted Tribes in drafting gaming ordinances and regulations to comply with the terms of the governing Tribal-State compacts and federal law.
- Assisted Tribes in establishing Tribal commissions and regulatory authorities.
- Represented tribes in negotiations with contractors and litigated on contract disputes with contractors.
- Assisted Tribes in obtaining review of proposed management contracts by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Represented Tribal governments in disputes with former representatives and development partners.
- Represented Tribal governments in disputes with States.